In the deep of the ocean, where the only reaching light is that of the angler fish, the layers of oddities could compete with the cubistest (read “most cubist”) of arts. Colours are grey if at all visible and their display is chaotic at best. Within the disorder though exists a peaceful harmony behind which is hiding the agony of lonely hearts.
It came to this of course when one hand after the other let go of the rope holding them tight by the neck… in the end, some dreams within flew away either outgrown or just forgotten… and the balloons joined the parade of disillusion.The ones that popped were those that went all the way rope in hand towards the same dreams… ultimately though, they die… happy.
You see a balloon is not just a balloon for it contains dreams. I did not invent that though. Ending up in the wrong hands a dream is just a silly balloon, but in the hands of the 100 years old child the balloon is the ultimate treasured fantasies… for nightmares, you see, are just unpleasant dreams and as long as you hold on to your balloon, your life will get richer… in good or ill…
You’ll know when to let go… when its head gets so big that there is nothing else to do than to release your grasp. It will pop eventually and sink in the deep of an ocean or a lake… at peace with its fellow balloons, it will feel the heavy weight of the lonely hearts endlessly floating on wind drafts… never allowed to touch ground. Yes, a dead balloon is a dead balloon…
… but a dead balloon is not a dead dream…
- The secret “A dead balloon is a dead balloon” story (clairepeek.wordpress.com)
- db(2)+ 1.5 ml He = db(2) – 1.5 ml Co2… (rogercoyne.wordpress.com)
- What does “a dead balloon is a dead balloon” have to do with Personality Types? Nothing. (wakefielddoctrine.wordpress.com)
- Through the looking glass where a dead balloon is (really just) a dead balloon somewhere over the edge… (girlieontheedge1.wordpress.com)
- while, ‘a dead balloon is a dead balloon’ the quality that gives life to the (non-dead) balloons is imperishable and therefore hold(s) out hope to all balloons’ (wakefielddoctrine.com)
- When a Dead Balloon is not just a Dead Balloon (journey-under-a-traveling-moon.blogspot.se)
- This post has nothing to do with Personality Types or Theories (wakefielddoctrine.com)
- …the Envelope, please! (wakefielddoctrine.com)